|Early Childhood - Transition
The transition into kindergarten can be difficult for pre-schoolers, but it doesn't have to be if parents, schools, and the community work together. The Office of Early Childhood has developed a transition plan designed to accomplish the following goals:
- Promote a partnership between the Early Childhood Community and the Board of Education.
- Encourage alignment of Pre-K and Kindergarten curricula.
- Identify strategies to create a smooth transition from preschool to kindergarten.
- Provide joint curriculum training for preschool teachers and kindergarten teachers in the areas of curriculum, team building, transfer of records, etc.
- Encourage program continuity through developmentally appropriate practice.