Building Usage

Welcome to the Facilities & Grounds Building Usage information page.  This page will assist you in completing the necessary paperwork required to utilize/rent space within Plainfield Public Schools.

If you wish to utilize/rent any facility within the Plainfield Public School District, please click this corresponding Request for Use of Facility links:  INTERNAL (PPS employees) and EXTERNAL.  Along with the information submitted on the request, if you are an EXTERNAL USER, you MUST submit a Certificate of Liability for $1,000,000.00 naming Plainfield Board of Education (920 Park Ave Plainfield, NJ) as one of the insured. In the event your organization is non-profit, a copy of your 501c3 must be provided in order to confirm your status.

After your request has been received and reviewed, you will be contacted regarding the necessary fees associated with your request.  Please note:  fees for usage are based on state of organization, amount of time requested, desired location(s) and estimated attendance.  Based on the information provided, that will determine how many Custodial Staff, Security Officers and Technical Support members assigned to your event.

Once all necessary paperwork has been completed and payment has been received, your permit for use of facilities will be issued.  At that time, you MUST contact Plainfield City Clerk’s Office @ 908-753-3222 in order to obtain the City of Plainfield Mayor’s/Fire Permit.  (At no point in time should any notification (i.e., flyers, tickets, etc.) be advertised or distributed prior to receiving confirmation from our office that your event has been approved).

If you have any specific questions relating to any one of our facilities, please contact Sherlyn Ragin, Facilities & Grounds at [email protected] or 908-731-4356.


Office of Facilities & Grounds